What We Do
How it works
Resources, tools, tips, and wisdom
To support your work, we created "School Health Works" tools, tips, and wisdom for successful school health initiatives. Whenever you see the School Health Works symbol on this website, you'll find plenty of documents and links to serve as tools to create your own initiatives for school health.
Explore the resources listed below to learn more about our school health center model and best practices, and to find tools to use in your own community.
How it works
Resources & Tools
Below is an index of CHSC resource documents to download, listed by topic.
School Health Services
School Health Initiatives
School Health Centers
• Building District Capacity: Transforming Student Support (to come)
• HIPPA or FERPA? A Primer on School Health Information Sharing (to come)
• Boys and Men of Color Report (to come)
School Climate and Culture
• New Restorative Justice Document (to come)
• Building Resilient School Environments (to come)
• Our Youth Development Framework (to come)
Finance and Sustainability
• How CHSC Uses Results-Based Accountability to Measure Impact
Young people creating
their own solutions.
Reclaiming identity, culture, and family through education, health, and community action
Oakland's young African American men have stories to tell.
Pipeline to Health Careers
Launching the next generation of health